The information you entrust to us is important to us and to you; we are committed to respecting and protecting your information and your privacy.
This policy details the information we collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it to provide services to you, the circumstances in which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and how you can access and update it.
Lantic Bay Holidays acts as a lettings agency for holiday properties in south east Cornwall. Lantic Bay Holidays is a trading name of Cornish Coastal Cottages Limited, which has its registered office address at 55 Somerford Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire GL7 1TS.
Cornish Coastal Cottages Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) as a data controller under number A8404706.
Further information about your right to privacy is available on the ICO’s website.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website (LanticBayHolidays.co.uk), you are confirming your understanding and acceptance of the conditions, terms, arrangements and the manner in which we use your personal information described in this policy.
We only collect your information that is necessary to create and fulfil any contract between us or where you otherwise have consented for us to do so.
We will not send you marketing material unless you have given us your consent to do so.
We will not sell or trade on your information to third parties for commercial gain or profit; we will only provide your information to third parties only as set out in “Who we share your information with” below.
We will protect your information with an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures. See “How we protect your information” below.
Lantic Bay Holidays processes financial transactions through its website or otherwise based on payment details you provide through a secure third party payment system.
The Lantic Bay Holidays website is protected by SSL technology. To make payments your credit or debit card details may entered by you or by members of our staff on your behalf (such as in the case of a telephone booking) onto a secure form presented on our website. This information is transferred to the third party payment system using secure SSL technology. We do not retain your credit or debit card details or any other financial information you provide to make a booking or settle a balance.
If you provide us with details of your bank account for settlement of any letting income we collect on your behalf, we will store this information securely offline.
We collect information indirectly while you use our website using “cookies” as well as when you directly get in touch or sign up to our email newsletter.
The information we collect may include:
- If you visit our site, we will collect and store details of your visit including your IP address, and the pages that you view (through cookies). This is data collected for analytical purposes using Google Analytics.
- We also use a service called CloudFlare to monitor and record all traffic to and from our website; this service does not record any personal information.
- If you sign up to receive information from us by email, we will collect and store your email address and name, and will retain this in our “by email information list”. For this purpose we use a service called Campaign Monitor to record your email contact details. We also use a service called PostMark which monitors all email traffic through our website, and has full access to the contents of these emails.
- If you register either a Guest or Owner account, we will collect and store your email address, account password, name, address, phone number and other requested details.
- If you book with us, we will collect and store information you provide by filling out a booking or enquiry form, such as a contact name, address, telephone number and email address, but not your credit or debit card or other financial details (these will be processed by a secure third party payment processing service called Stripe). Booking information is recorded and stored by a third party service called Anytime Booking.
If you contact us by telephone, we will collect your contact name, address, telephone number and email address and details of properties you are interested in booking (if a guest) or letting (if an owner).
If you contact us, we will keep a record of this correspondence.
We have put in place appropriate physical, digital and supervisory arrangements to safeguard the information we collect.
Any personal information you provide is securely stored until a time it is no longer needed, or until you request that we remove it from our records. We do not pass on your personal information to any third party other than as set out in “Who we share your information with”.
Our “Lantic Bay Holidays Newsletter”:
If you subscribe to our Guest or Owner “Lantic Bay Holidays Newsletter” and consent to being contacted then we may contact you from time to time by email with special offers, news, details of upcoming local events and updates to our holiday letting portfolio that we think may be of interest to you. In order to make this information relevant to your interests, we use information on your preferences which you have previously provided. We use a service called Campaign Manager to record your subscription and contact details.
You can unsubscribe from our by email information list at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
If you fill out a contact request form on our website you are consenting to us contacting you and we will use the details you provide to contact you by email or telephone in order to respond to your enquiry. You may withdraw consent at any time by notifying us in writing to [email protected].co.uk.
If you make a booking through our website or by telephone, we will use your information to process your booking, send booking confirmations on receipt of payment, send you requests for settlement of your final balance, provide you with information on how to find and access the property, and request feedback after your holiday. We process the information about you for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations on behalf of the relevant property owner, and use a third party service called Anytime Booking to process and store your booking information, and provide you with booking confirmations and other booking transaction correspondence.
In order to provide the holiday letting services we offer, we need to share your information with others. By providing your information to us, you agree that we can share your information with the following categories of third party for use to perform our contractual obligations:
If you are an Owner, we may share upon request from a Guest in relation to their holiday letting contract at your property, details of your name and address (or, if a property is let by a business, business name and address). We will also record information about your property on our website, as well as in our third party booking service, Anytime Booking.
If you are Guest we may share your information with the Property Owner’s suppliers, agents (e.g. caretaker, cleaner) or insurance brokers in fulfilment of the Property Owner’s contractual obligation to Guests. We will also record information about your booking on the third party booking service that we use, Anytime Booking.
We may share your information with any direct family, appointed legal associates or representatives of the individual whose personal information we are processing, where this is required in order to fulfil the terms of the booking contract or where the individual is unable to make arrangements directly with us.
In the furtherance of our legitimate business interests we may share your information with others as follows:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are obliged to disclose or share your information:
- In order to comply with any legal obligation in connection with our business operations, where required by law or where obliged by order of the court, tax authorities and other government agencies and bodies;
- If it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lantic Bay Holidays, our customers, property owners or others.
Where you have consented to receiving marketing materials then we may share your data with Social media and marketing consultants who run marketing campaigns on our behalf.
We will not transfer your data outside of the EEA.
You have certain legal rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information. These include the right to:
- Request copies of any information that relates to you;
- Request that your information is deleted;
- Object to its use for marketing;
- Check, correct and update your information (for instance, if you change address or email address).
We will provide you with this information within a month of receiving a request. We reserve the right to request verification of your identify prior to validate your request.
We work hard to ensure that your personal information is treated safely and securely. However, in the unlikely event of a complaint, please write to [email protected].
If you are unhappy with how we have collected or used your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk/concerns.